Tuesday, February 4, 2014

New Beginnings..

So... It's been awhile since I've blogged... but today, I'm getting back into the swing of things. I'm also did another thing today that was long overdue.... I began the long journey to healthier, happier me.  This blog is going to be brutally honest. Reader beware.

I am in the worst shape of my life. There, I said it.  I stepped on the scale this morning, (which I have been avoiding like the plague),to discover I  weigh just as much as I did when I started binge drinking and eating in  answer to my grief over my Grandparents deaths in 2007. It ain't a nice number folks, and I wasn't shocked. My clothes don't lie, and neither do my mirrors. My husband does :) He's sweet.  I know that a lot of the reason the weight has been put on this is stress eating. I turn to food as a comfort response. Particularly carbs and sweets. I also read and eat. AWFUL habit. No more!

So, I know the truth. I am FAT.  My feet, ankles, knees, back, hips... etc. hurt. I need to lose weight to feel better.  I want to look better too. I want to wear my skinny clothes again. Plus I want to run around with my little nieces.

I have been working myself up to do this awhile. I made a Facebook event.. and invited certain friends and family, who I knew would not let me falter, and who I also knew  had information that was pertinent to what I needed.... and voila... I now have a plan. Workout buddies, a personal trainer, a meal plan, meal prep, a garden, walking the dogs, an elliptical (free!?!), and a support network. As I lose more weight I will most likely join a gym.

So today, my personal trainer Karissa kicked my butt. It was great!  I remarked how out of shape I was. She said, "It took years to put the weight on, right?"  She was really upbeat, and awesome.
My legs hurt right now, but I feel mentally and physically energized. Boy am I dumb for waiting this long to do this.  Going to break this food addiction! :)


1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you!! :)

    I want to support you in everything. Let me know how I can help!

    ReplyDelete