Saturday, April 16, 2011

Movie Night..

Yesterday was movie night...

This is how it typically goes.  I will get the brilliant idea that I need to spend some time with my Bear (aka the boyfriend) and call him, and persuausively tell him that we need to watch movies and goof around like little kids till late at night. Depending on how tired he is... he usually agrees.

I then proceed to my nearest Redbox, or movie rental place, and pick up something that has good possibilities. Lemme tell you, renting a movie for me and Bear to watch is difficult. I like comedy, romantic comedy, action-comdey...horror-comedy... make me laugh, or make me learn... Scare me a bit but don't gross me out... Bear loves the action flicks... and horror films... and sci-fi films...

Sooo... to find a compromise can sometimes be difficult.. My local movie rental place guy laughs and tells me "Rent what you want..he's not here." He has been witness to several long cellphone conversations of "What to do you want to watch?"  Oh, Mr. Movie Renter... if you only knew the guff I have to put up with when I get where I am going though, otherwise I would take your advise... and run!

The first thing Bear does when we finally get to the business of the movies, is critique what I rented... "Oh...this? He holds the dvd like a dead fish, by the corner... I'm not sure I wanna watch this.. I like Matt Damon in the Bourne Series... but I'm not sure about this movie... (This is what happened last night -- the time before it was about the movie Due Date..) I told him that Hereafter looked and sounded interesting... and that I wanted to see it.. He sighed.. looked slightly put upon... and put it the player.

Halfway through the movie he decided he liked it.

This is not the first time. I sense a pattern here. Another pattern I sense is that when he picks the movies out.... if I have never heard of them before (for some reason he enjoys renting obscure movies) The movie ends up being WEIRD! He in fact will admit that the movie was bad.

All in all, I enjoy our movie nights.... I wouldn't trade them for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment